Xiao Hu
Xiao Hu
~
https://immortality.forumotion.co.uk

Only thing certian is change Empty Only thing certian is change

Thu 29 Jun 2017, 18:12
Only thing certian is change U
27/02/15 22:40
I Ching: The Essential Translation of the Ancient Chinese Oracle and Book of Wisdom - John Minford.

In a 1965 interview Bob Dylan described the Chinese classic, the I Ching or Book of Change, as "the only thing that is amazingly true, period." The great Chinese philosopher Cheng Yi of the eleventh century agreed: "The I Ching is grand in its scope; it is all-encompassing. To those who contemplate its depth and practice its discipline, the text will provide everything."

Some would say that the power descends from its ancient magical origins. As the Anglo-Chinese novelist Timothy Mo has written, "It is a cable that disappears into the abyss of a darker time. In it the Bronze Age predicts to the Information Age the shadow of what is to come." This may be part of the truth. But as I see it, the key to the efficacy of any I Ching consultation is the extent to which the dialogue between individual and text is imbued with the twin spiritual qualities of Sincerity and Good Faith. The person approaching the oracle must bring to his or her consultation a total honesty, an inner mind free of deceit and delusion. Once this has been achieved, the book acts as a penetrating mirror, a true spiritual friend opening the individual's range of vision to possibilities undreamed of hitherto. It talks back from the deeper mind. often bringing a potent liberation from the static and paralyzing indecisions that render the individual incapable of making creative choices.

As the British scholar and poet Angus Graham once wrote, an I Ching consultation is "a synthesizing act in which the Diviner sees into and responds to everything at once, with a lucidity mysterious to himself." One of the earliest Chinese commentaries The Great Treatise puts it in even more superlative terms: "The I Ching penetrates the Will of the World, its Knowledge of the Springs of Change enables terrestrial endeavors to be accomplished. This Spiritual Entity makes speed without haste, it arrives without traveling."   -   John Minford
From Book -   Qian, Hex 1.

"The clouds pass, the rain fall the Tao of Heaven moves, comments Cheng Yi. It acts and interacts with Earth.  In so doing, it creates, it gives birth to all things. This is Fortune, heng, writes, Yang Wanili: this is the positive manifestation of the Qian hexagram. Clouds and rain are the energy (qi) of that fortune. Matter is the form into which that Fortune or energy flows. Qian is not just Fortune, adds Yu Yan. it is supream in that it lies at the very origin of Pure Energy, before material distinctions come into play. Is Fortune is to be found in the Flux, in the flowing into form. The positive current of Yang passes through all things, charging and renewing them according to their kind. Through it the world of  Matter "becomes", it constantly realizes itself.

Each of the 6 dragons, writes Zhu Xi, are the 6 lines of this hexagram, in their respective places. The sage understands the significance of each: Hidden Dragon, Dragon Seen etc and can therefore act in the appropriate way at the appropriate moment. He rides the dragons as they progress through the Heavens. In seclusion, Wang Bi, ride the Hidden Dragon In the open ride the Flying Dragon. Ride each of the 6 dragons in due and proper order. Ride the transformations, take control of the Great Vessel of Heaven  At rest be, be concentrated. In movement, be straight and true. Never lose sight of the great harmony. They are also, writes Professor Mun, the 6 stages of development in an enterprise , the lines advice the tosser how to adapt to changing conditions.  

https://www.biroco.com/yijing/minford.htm
Xiao Hu
Xiao Hu
~
https://immortality.forumotion.co.uk

Only thing certian is change Empty Re: Only thing certian is change

Thu 29 Jun 2017, 18:12
continue..

Profitable and Steadfast We come now to the key “oracular” words Profit/ Profitable, li, and Steadfast/ Steadfastness, zhen, found in this first Judgment, and many times hereafter throughout the I Ching. How , asks Zhu Xi, can one ensure that one’s actions bring Profit? How and when should one be Steadfast? The answer is to be found in understanding Transformation, the gradual process of Change, the constantly shifting situation and its dynamic; and in understanding Change itself, the final outcome of Transformation, the underlying Reality. One must be in tune with that process, with the True Nature of things, with their True Life-Destiny. The Great Harmony that this understanding brings and preserves is the Harmony of Yin and Yang, the creative fusion of their twin Energies through Transformation. The Transformations of the Tao of Qian Profit all things. Through these Transformations every thing perfects its True and Steadfast Nature and Life-Destiny.

Heaven is the Image of Qian, writes Zhu Xi. The Movement of Heaven is strong; it is a powerful “revolution” repeated each day, today’s revolving Movement giving way to an identical Movement tomorrow. This celestial phenomenon is fueled by Supreme Cosmic Strength. In the I Ching, as Jullien insists, “reality is never the product of creation, always of interaction.” Joseph Needham repeatedly emphasizes that the Chinese have no “ spiritus rector.” The True Gentleman models himself on this, he “works on himself,” never allowing petty human desire to harm the Inner Strength of Heaven’s Power (the Power of the Tao).
View previous topicBack to topView next topic
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum